Sunday, August 12, 2007

Come on Rover, move your bloomin' arse!

(posted by Elizma)

Yep, you guessed it - we went to the races at Ascot yesterday. It was quite a learning curve in betting on the horses and so much fun.

There are many ways you can bet. Tania and I bet on the toteplacepool. That means you have to pick a horse to come either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in each of the 6 races of the day - there's different horses in each race. You also have to do this before the first race has started.

Well, we both got it right and I managed to turn my £16 into a whopping £280! Not bad for someone who didn't even know the name of ONE horse before we arrived there.

Don't worry, I'm in no danger of becoming a gambling addict, but it is such a good day out, and we'll definitely do it again.


2 Comments:

At 13/8/07 3:39 am, Blogger Mark said...

Very cool. I can imagine the excitement as your realized you were getting closer and closer to a win. I've only ever been to the races once and was losing money in stunning style until the last race; where I was able to no only make up my losses, but leave with a little extra. Nice feeling that :-)

 
At 10/1/08 12:54 pm, Blogger Jonathan said...

"Rover" ?! It was "Dover" !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home