Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Home alone

(posted by Elizma)

Well, as you probably gathered, my parents went back to South Africa last Wednesday evening. Now it's just me and little Liam. For the first time since he was born.

I must say, I had a huge feeling of loneliness for the first couple of days. That mixed with the sadness of missing my parents made for a few emotional days straight after they'd left. The first morning after their departure, I cried with everything I did for the first time on my own - making toast (!), dressing Liam in the morning, going to Starbucks...

I was wondering how I will manage to be a stay-at-home-mom if that's the way you feel. Well, I'm really glad to say that I'm over that now. Every time I feel a bit lonely, I remind myself how short this precious time I have to spend with Liam will be and before I know it, I might be back at work.

So now I'm enjoying it. I love having nonsensical conversations with him at unexpected moments during the day. And listing to his music (Carike in Kinderland, Baby Einstein Classical Music etc.) whilst he is lying on his changing station.

And I'm looking forward to every new little thing he does...

1 Comments:

At 1/8/08 2:15 pm, Blogger JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Elizma I think you have just discovered Motherhood. Just enjoy every moment you can with Liam and trust me there is something new happening every moment of his awake life. Then just gaze and enjoy the quiet when he is asleep.
A child is the most precious gift of all in ones life.
Love to you all
Tessy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home