Monday, June 29, 2009

The Kitchen Diaries - Part 2

(posted by Elizma)

The work on our kitchen extension is now in full swing. I can tell that from any room in the house - as everything is full of dust! The builder said I'm one of the least stressed wives he's every come across during an extention and I have to say I don't feel that stressed. Maybe the loft prepared me. I just look past all the dirt and dust and noise and focus on the end result...

We're now one month into the build (a quarter of the way if everything goes well). The foundations have been laid and the walls are up. Today they are busy putting the roof slats up. So we will have a waterproof room very soon. Maybe by the end of the week.

That's both exciting and a bit scary as this means that I will completely lose the kitchen very soon. We'll probably have to spend this weekend packing away the rest of the stuff that's still in there. YEAH!

Here are a few photos to show you the progress so far.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home